Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Crop Top (Where my witty titles at???)

When I was about 10 years old, my best friend at the time's mother bought us matching peasant skirts with black crop tops. We called them our "Thailand Skirts" which I assume is where they came from (clearly I've developed some form of early dementia since then, because I don't remember what happened of these outfits or if they were ever actually from Thailand.) BUT ANYWAYS, I remember being slightly uncomfortable at the prospect of pairing a skirt with a crop top at the age of ten, and its still something I'd never wear.

Having said that, I'm LOVING the crop top trend on just about everyone else. Its something that's been on my radar since at least last August when Glamour Magazine came out with this amazing shot of actress Grace Gummer wearing an adorable H&M crop-top.


As mentioned, this look has been popular for some time, and doesn't seem to be slowing down. As the Spring 2012 shows come out, the crop tops are still holding their own amongst the other prevalent trends. Below are some of my favourite crop (and, indeed, almost bra-top category) tops. Thoughts?? 

Nanette Lepore
 Oscar De La Renta 
 Jeremy Scott 
 Versace

Posted by: Carla 

No comments:

Post a Comment